Library image

A garage in Lade Fort Crescent, Romney Marsh, was engulfed in flames on Monday evening, January 8, after a tumble dryer malfunctioned.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service responded to the emergency call and sent three fire engines to the scene. The firefighters used hose reel jets and wore breathing apparatus to put out the fire.

Two residents at the property were treated for shock and smoke inhalation by paramedics, but no serious injuries were reported.

The fire service said the fire was accidental and likely caused by a fault in the tumble dryer. They advised people to check their white goods regularly, follow the manufacturer’s instructions, and register their appliances for any product recalls.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites