Library image

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a shed alight in Deansway Avenue, Canterbury shortly after 3:15 on Sunday afternoon, 4 June.

Two fire engines arrived and crews extinguished the flames using a hose reel jet. 

It’s believed the fire started after a garden chiminea was placed too close to a wooden shed and caused it to catch alight. The flames also spread to an air conditioning unit. 

It’s understood no injuries were reported. 

Firefighters are reminding people to ensure any outdoor fire, such as fire pits, chimineas and barbecues, are fully out and cooled before being left unattended, and to position them well away from any property, greenery, and fencing. 

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites