Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to reports of a blaze at a house on the Fairway in Deal.

Four fire engines were sent to the scene, and crews, wearing breathing apparatus fought to put out the blaze.

One person was treated by of SECAmb paramedics suffering smoke inhalation.

Crews were unable to rescue two dogs, a cat and a rabbit and the four family pets sadly died.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental and linked to a kitchen appliance.    

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites