Library image

A fire inside a summer house in Ashford is believed to have started accidentally after material fell onto an unattended candle and caught alight.

Two fire engines were sent to the property in Hewitts Place, Willesborough, on Monday evening, 20 May, where crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose jets to put out the flames, which destroyed the outbuilding and spread to neighbouring fences. However no injuries were reported.

Following the incident, crews are reminding people to ensure candles are placed in a sturdy holder, on a non-flammable surface and kept well away from anything that could catch fire, such as curtains, bedding or even plants. Remember also to ensure candles are fully extinguished before being left unattended. 

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites