Library image

A blazing inferno erupted in a Folkestone garden on Saturday evening (24 June), sending flames and smoke into the air.

Firefighters rushed to the scene in Shorncliffe Road, where they battled to contain the fire that had engulfed a fence and a shed.

The fire was sparked by the use of a flammable liquid to light a fire pit, which quickly spread out of control.

Two people suffered burns in the incident and were treated by paramedics.

The fire service issued a warning to anyone who plans to light an outdoor fire, urging them to follow safety guidelines and keep it away from anything that could catch fire.

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites