Four fire engines were called to a blaze in St Richard’s Walk in Dover just after 10.00am on 8 December.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the flames using hose reel jets, before clearing the home of smoke with a high pressured fan.  

One person was passed into care of SECAmb to be treated for minor burns to their hands. 

Members of KFRS’ Volunteer Response Team were also on-hand to provide any support to affected residents. 

Electronic cigarette

It’s believed the fire started accidentally when an electronic cigarette was left on charge and caught alight. 

Following the incident, crews are reminding people to take extra care when charging any electronic device and to unplug them once fully charged. 

By Ed

©2024 Hawkinge Gazette       -       The Hawkinge Gazette is not responsible for the content of external sites